Hartung Brothers Inc.
The successful candidate will join a multifunctional farm operations team that handles every aspect of agronomic responsibilities in growing crops from seed to harvest. The primary responsibility of the candidate will be tillage, planting and alfalfa however will have opportunities to work across functions within the department and the site.
Duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
Hartung Brothers Incorporated is a family owned and operated agribusiness. We have been developing a wide range of solutions for agriculture’s producers and processors alike since 1975. Hartung Brothers offers agriculture contracts for vegetables and seed corn to both farmers and processors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate heavy equipment and implements with a high skill level.
- Communicate maintenance of equipment to meet current and future crop care requirements safely and reliably.
- Ensure timely, efficient drip removal from all crop destructed fields to a target spec of >95%.
- Operation of equipment such as tractors, planters, field implements, bulk spreaders and grain drills.
- Ensure accurate measurements for nursery plot planting through field surveying and field mapping utilizing GIS/GPS tools. Establishment of baselines and staking prior to planting.
- Ensure correct functionality of nursery plot planter and its various components during planting.
- May also be required to train others to operate equipment in a safe proficient manner.
- Proven ability to work independently for long hours at a time.
- Adheres to all schedules and timelines set by the Tillage/Planting Leads.
- Must have working knowledge of health and safety standards in a multifunctional work environment.
- Candidate MUST be a self-motivated and detail-oriented person with high drive to be able to focus in a high tempo environment with ability to adapt to changing situations on a daily basis.
- Other opportunities include but are not limited to pest management, irrigation support, quality compliance and documentation, safe operations of equipment, row crop cultivations, field surveying, establishing cover crop and field road maintenance.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week (30-minute meal break). Will be required to work on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime during peak seasons.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School diploma or have GED degree.
- 2-3 years’ experience with production of field crops.
- Good understanding of agronomic practices including but not limited to fertility/irrigation, tillage, pesticide application/practices, Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Mechanical aptitude to operate, calibrate, repair and service various farm machinery, including but not limited to planters, tractors, tillage equipment, combines, gas/diesel motors.
- Good computer skills including MS Office, GIS/DPS, mobile devises.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Hold a valid drivers license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This may include mandatory overtime, weekends, and occasional holiday work during the season.
Learn more about Hartung Brothers at WWW.HARTUNGBROTHERS.COM
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $38.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
We comply with all CDC requirements and island directives to keep our employees as safe as possible.
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit hartungbrothers.com.