Cloverleaf Farms, Inc. 609 N. Walnut St. Elk Point, SD 57025
Job Position: Full-time employment in the area of agriculture, specifically, hybrid seed corn production and part-time seasonal work during the summer and fall/harvest.
About Us: Cloverleaf Farms, Inc. is a privately owned and operated hybrid seed corn production company.
Located in Elk Point, South Dakota, the Curry family has produced hybrid seed corn in Elk Point, SD since 1935. The seed we produce is bagged at the Cloverleaf Farms seed conditioning facility. In addition to seed corn production and seed corn conditioning, Cloverleaf Farms has warehouse storage for seed corn and soybeans
Job Description: Employee would be doing a variety of tasks that pertain to seed production.
- Production Area: Tasks in this area would include: helping and assisting in soil preparation, spraying, fertilizing, planting seed, irrigation, detasseling and harvesting Cloverleaf fields.
- Bagging and Warehouse facility: Tasks include working with the bagging line and robotic stacker, moving pallets/boxes of seed by forklift and loading semi-trucks for seed delivery.
Salary and Benefits:
- Wage based on experience.
- Wellmark health insurance is offered to full-time employees after 30 days of employment.
- IRA Plan: Employees are eligible to join the plan after one year of full-time employment. Cloverleaf Farms matches the employee deferral into their retirement plan (refer to the deferral schedule in the employee handbook for company match).
- Hartford Insurance – Cloverleaf carries a $25,000 Group Life Insurance policy and a $25,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment policy on all full-time employees.
- Paid Holidays – All full-time employees receive six paid holidays. (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.) If an employee is required to work on a holiday they are paid at time and a half plus holiday pay.
- In the event that work is required on Saturday and/or Sunday, hourly employees will be paid at time and a half.
- Full-time employees receive PTO time base on years of employment with Cloverleaf Farms, Inc.
- Uniform blue jeans & shirts are provided as well as weekly laundry service.
Position Requirements: Applicant should have an interest in farming or agriculture. This job is with agriculture, Mother Nature can determine extended times to complete farming requirements. Experience in the following would be helpful but not required: Driving trucks, operating farm equipment, fork lift, & being mechanically inclined.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location