- Work with cattle in a cow/calf operation to include daily care of watering, feeding.
- Work with sorting of cattle as necessary to tag, castrate, vaccinate.
- General cattle care ability/doctoring.
- Assist with calving.
- Repair and maintain heavy farm equipment.
- Repair farm buildings, fences, and other structures as well as road repair and maintenance as needed.
- Hauling/baling hay.
- Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
- Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
- Various project work including land clearing, brush hogging, cutting, raking and baling hay seasonally, spraying, mowing yards/pastures etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Cow handling experience
- Basic knowledge of farm machinery
- Ability to understand and follow specific directions from supervision.
- Dependability, reliability, fulfilling responsibilities, working independently and as a team.
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty striving for excellence in all activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, ride horseback and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Must have the ability to quickly respond appropriately to unexpected events. This position may require long periods of standing and being subjected to adverse weather conditions. Consistently wear common protective or safety equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment; outside weather conditions, rough uneven surfaces; working with livestock.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- cow handling/fencing/hay cutting: 1 year (Required)
- farm machinery: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person
To be considered for this position, please apply online at www.longviewbridge.com under the Careers link. No calls please.