This position is responsible for quality customer service, inventory control, ordering farm & ranch supplies, merchandising, creating and distributing department advertisements, re-arranging stock, and conducting department audits.
This position will also use point of sale cash registers, electronic scanners, and related equipment to conduct monetary transactions with customers.
- Greets customers as they enter the location to make them feel welcome.
- Assists customers with questions or price discrepancies.
- Provide accurate product information to customers in person and over the phone.
- Processes account payments, purchases, returns, and exchanges according to store policy.
- Assists customers in locating various products, resolving complaints, and answering questions.
- Maintain store stock displays and product in a neat and organized manner to meet sales goals.
- Place prices or descriptive signs on backdrops, fixtures, merchandise, or floor.
- Orders pet supplies for small pets based on sales trends, supply availability, and pricing.
- Make department decisions for current and future advertisements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to operate warehouse and office equipment such as: forklifts, computers, printers, scanners, cash registers, and calculators.
- Must assemble display merchandise such as lawn furniture, log splitters, and BBQs.
- Basic mathematical skills, as needed, to make change and give refunds accurately.
- Become knowledgeable about company’s products and services, and customer-related policies, to make proper recommendations of products and services sold.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with staff and customers in a friendly and approachable manner.
- Punctuality and adherence to all company policies.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of the dietary, vaccine, parasiticides, and enrichment needs of livestock and equine required.
- Experience working in a veterinary office or environment highly desired.
- Knowledge of the dietary and enrichments needs of small pets such as cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. to act as a backup to the Pet Specialist desired.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Bending, twisting, stooping, and kneeling required frequently to rearrange merchandise and verify stock levels.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and, with appropriate equipment, 300 pounds infrequently with manual & electric palled jacks and forklifts.
- May need to work nights, weekends, and some holidays on a rotating basis.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements with arms, legs, hands, and wrists over long periods of time.
Douglas County Co-op is a drug free and Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates selected for hire must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, of which includes testing for THC.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Douglas County Farmers Co-op is a drug free employer that requires all applicants selected for hire to pass a drug screen that includes THC. Please type “Drug Free Employer” to confirm that you have read and agree to this policy.
- Please describe what experience and qualifications you have that make you a great fit for this role.
- Have you previously been employed by DC Farmers Co-op? (Retail/ Shell/Fertilizer/Grain locations.)
- How did you hear about this job posting? (Indeed search, DCFarmers.com, radio, etc.)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: In person