Pete’s Greens seeks a skilled repair person to join our farming team. Candidate will perform repairs on tractors, farm implements, trucks, and other farm related equipment.
This is a year-round position. Candidate must have some weekend availability, particularly during Spring planting and Fall harvest months.
- Perform a wide range of maintenance and repair on various equipment including farm vehicles (trucks, tractors, implements), and warehouse equipment (vegetable washers, pallet jacks, doors, etc)
- Document issues with equipment and communicate to others on Farm team as needed about repairs and status
- Order parts and strategize various repairs around the arrival of parts
- Perform repairs to infrastructure on farm
- Maintain organizational standards in the farm shop
- Minimum 2 years experience as a mechanic
- Welding ability
- Ability to take verbal or written direction and then carry out tasks independently and efficiently
- Ability to maintain communication with others on team via regular email/smartphone
- Capable of engaging in heavy to strenuous lifting (50 lbs and sometimes more), w/ ability to stoop, bend, climb and work in cramped positions. Work may be performed outside, in potentially extreme temperatures (think greenhouse repair in the winter). Must be capable of sustained physical effort under these conditions.
- Problem-solving ability, a strong work ethic, and a passion for sustainable and healthy food
- Able to take direction, work in different areas of the farm, and move efficiently between tasks
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.