The Farm Supervisor is responsible to assist the Poultry Farm Production Manager with daily supervision of the Egg Layer operation, while performing regular duties as a Farm employee.
In the Manager’s absence this role will be responsible for the supervision of the Layer operation.
* Supervise the daily/routine job assignments of the Layer team to ensure animal husbandry and care responsibilities are performed consistently and effectively by employees.
* Work hands-on in the Layer farm as needed to cover the work load and train employees.
* Maintain overall bird and egg quality, by leading and supervising employees to meet animal care guidelines. Ensure that machinery and employees are working effectively in support of layer quality, feed conversion, bird welfare, health and care.
* Perform other duties as assigned or appropriate.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Bi-Lingual: Spanish and English
* Experience working in supervision or relevant education
* Ability to lead, motivate and supervise a team of employees
* Ability to work successfully with all levels of farm employees
* Effective problem solver
* Self-motivation, independent work habits
* Effective communicator
* Some computer skills
* Ability to read and write English
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Farming: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location