Niman Ranch supports a community of more than 720 independent farmers and ranchers who raise pork, beef and lamb traditionally, humanely and sustainably to deliver the finest tasting meat. Niman Ranch is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation.
- Assist in maximizing the productivity of the breeding herd by making quality matings and meeting breeding targets
- Assist in all aspects of farrowing to help meet weekly shipping targets of full-value pigs
- Ensuring that ALL animals across the farm have received proper feed, water, ventilation, and bedding on a daily basis, and 100% of all NR protocol and guidelines are followed
- Assisting with all other aspects of the farm to ensure farm goals are met and tasks are completed on a daily basis.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Properly carry out the heat checking and breeding protocol
- Assist in animal movement and placement to ensure proper animal handling goals are met and sows/gilts are penned appropriately
- Make seasonally appropriate adjustments to ventilation, bedding, and sprinklers
- Maintenance and cleaning of waters, feeders, and pens
- Complete proper procedures for Day-One pig care, fostering
- Assist with processing and vaccination of piglets in accordance with company procedures
- Assist with the treatment/care of sows across the farms
- Assist in cleaning/bedding of farrowing and gestation pens; and clean-out and disinfecting farrowing room after weaning
- Keep, communicate, and report accurate records on a daily basis
- Maintain correct temperature/ventilation settings, and that all associated equipment is in full working order
- As requested, ensure maintenance of manure scraper chains, feeder lines, feeders, waterers, gates, curtains
- Minimum of High School diploma
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to problem solve, be a critical thinker, goal oriented, and a team player
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floors up to 10 hours a day.
- Will be exposed to ambient air temperatures at times throughout the day.
- Will be exposed to dust, animal dander, odor, and noise.
- Ability to properly and safely handle breeding stock weighing up to 600 pounds.
- Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, and kneeling.
- Ability to operate high pressure washing equipment for extended periods of time.
- Will be around and may be asked to operate skid steers, tractors, or other farm machinery.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
- Normal working hours are 45-50 hours per week, at times more in order to get the job done.
- Rotations are required for weekends and holidays.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job, please click here to apply