We are looking for a highly motived employee to work at Country Garden Farms. This is a full-time position and may become permanent if there is enough work during the off-season.
The employee in this role is expected to work both independently and with other employees to complete tasks at the farm and shop. To be successful in this role, the employee must be able to perform a variety of duties to keep the farm operating. The employee must also be willing to work with their hands inside and in the outdoors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performing manual labor to assist in a variety of tasks including the manufacturing of farm commodities
- Interaction with customers
- Operating forklifts to move items around shop, and to load and unload trucks with sod, compost , and other products for sale
- Driving tractors, lawn mowers, and other heavy equipment to help manage and maintain production of compost and sod
- Assisting with deliveries and pickups of products from customers and vendors
- Operating multiple irrigation systems and keeping them on schedule to maximize production of compost and sod
- Assisting with the installation of sod and other minor landscaping projects
- Performing light mechanical duties (oil changes & small engine maintenance)
- Maintaining a clean and well-organized work space
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Strong work ethic
- Clean driving record over the past 5 years (if a driver’s license holder)
- Willing and able to work long hours in inclement weather
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Driver’s license
- Ability to shift from task to task with ease, and return to finish original task
- Experience operating farm equipment (i.e. tractors, sod, and hay equipment)
- Knowledge of irrigation systems, including wheel and hand lines
- Electrical, mechanical, and welding experience
The Farm Worker will report to the Owner of Country Garden Farms, LLC.
Job Type: Full-time, Seasonal from March to September (could become permanent if off-season work load remains high)
Hourly Rate: DOE
Country Garden Farms is a drug-free workplace and all our employees may be subject to drug tests. Additionally, if successfully chosen for this position, your employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a background check. New employees will also be subject to reporting any State of Alaska Workers’ Compensation claims. If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach your resume, a cover letter, and 3 references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $26.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person