We’re looking for a hard working and conscientious person to join our team as a Farm Worker. The ideal candidate will have basic knowledge of farming and experience in developing and maintaining various crops.
Farm Workers responsibilities will include planting, harvesting, tilling, operating machinery, grain cart, and driving a semi truck to haul grain. (You must be eligible to eventually get a CDL.) You will also do general farm maintenance of cleaning grain bins, equipment upkeep and cleaning, mowing, and other general farm duties.
As a Farm Worker you should have strong physical endurance and be willing to work in all weather conditions. Additionally, you should be flexible on hours worked as the seasons of spring and fall will require long hours during planting and harvesting to get the crops in.
It is imperative that you should know how to operate tractors and their accessories; be able to deal with all types of machinery including Bobcat, forklift, grain-vac, and backhoe. As a Farm Worker, it is also required to be able to do basic mechanic work such as oil changes, tire rotation, and minor equipment repairs.
Ellis Ag is a family farm in Wilmington, OH. We are inclusive, engaging, innovative and our goal is to create a way of life for our family and employees that embraces the farm life culture. Our family farm has been in operation for generations and we are committed to being good stewards to the land, good neighbors and employers that care about our employees and their families. We farm 7,000 acres of corn and soybeans with the latest technology and are continually looking for ways to improve our processes.
Our work environment includes:
- Safe work environment
- Traditional Farm Environment
- The best equipment and technology you can have on a Farm!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wilmington, OH 45177: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Have you ever driven a semi-truck and trailer?
- Have you ever operated a backhoe?
- Please list what kind of farm equipment you are comfortable operation: large tractors, implements, bobcats, forklifts, grain-vacs, semi-trucks etc.
- Can you operate a forklift?
- Why would you like to work on our Farm Operation?
- Do you understand the Seasonal work requirements that may result in long days on the Farm during Spring Plant and Harvest?
- Do you want a full time, part time or an as-needed position?
- Farm Work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CDL (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.