The Ayres Creek Family Farm is a 100-acre farm located in Berlin, MD. Hunting sanctuary, farm animals, boat ramps. We need a farm worker for year-round maintenance.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Ayres Creek Family Farm is looking for a reliable Farm Worker who uses discretion. There are no pictures on ANY social media outlet related to the job, farm, Burbage Family businesses, or recreation. No sharing of information, communication, or conversations of any kind related to the Burbage family businesses, the farm operation, or recreation.
- Show up on time every day and ensure you are fully prepared and ready for the daily tasks at the start of each day.
- Maintain a performance logbook of daily tasks, task status, completed tasks, and hours worked, and turn it in every day to the farm owner.
- Research often – success requires skills and competencies that will be gained as challenges arise on the farm (Always be learning)
- When in doubt, ask for help. At Ayres Creek Family Farm, everyone is here to help and grow together.
- Never gossip or brag; we are the same team and bring unique skills and qualities that make the results amazing.
- Be friendly to everyone – you and those you communicate with will be better for it, and most importantly, you are a representative of the entire Burbage organization.
- Have fun and always instill that quality in others.
- Lives local or within a short distance of Berlin, MD
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Landscaping, grass-cutting, farm animals (goats, pigs, horses), overseeing hunting activity (birds and deer), use of heavy equipment such as a Bobcat, etc.
- Crop and Field Management Operations
- Prepare, plant, and maintain food plots such as sunflowers
- Install and repair fencing as required
- Prepare and plant impoundments – with help from the owner and other farmers.
- Cut grass throughout the property – will support laborers in season
- Mulch and spray farm in Spring
- Cut any Conversation Reserve Program areas one time per year
- Maintain property lines – no trespassing signs
- Report trespassers to authorities and owners immediately
- Obtain tree services as needed for property management
- Responsible for managing all controlled burns
- Safely eradicate/shoot invasive animals that harm the farm and farm animals, including, but not limited to, fox, muskrat, coyote, and groundhog (bonuses for these removals).
- Farm Animal Health and Well-being
- Ensure feed for all animals is stocked and available as needed and that feed is secure and free of pests and invasive parasitic bugs that could harm animals if ingested.
- Feed and care for all fowl on the farm
- Feed and care for goats, horses, and other livestock on the farm
- Obtain services and work with a Ferrier as needed for horse(s)
- Ensure all medicines; inoculations are up to date with all farm animals by administering and coordinating with a veterinarian as needed
- Always ensure the health of animals is evaluated and a veterinarian as needed
- Farm Equipment and Structures Operations and Maintenance
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to safely utilize and operate a diverse set of farm equipment, including tractors, mowers, trucks, trailers, hunting carts, etc.
- Maintain all motorized and manual equipment and ensure others using the equipment do the same.
- Develop skills required to maintain as much as possible on the farm using existing tools and staff.
- Maintain duck boats
- Maintain golf and hunting carts
- Maintain barns, storage areas, equipment sheds
- Maintain rental properties adjacent to the farm
*WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH*
The Farm Worker reports to the Farm Manager
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience with year-round Farm work preferred.
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Dedication to quality and results
- Self-motivated challenges will be diverse and unplanned
- Personal desire to tackle things unforeseen head-on is key
- Communicate often and effectively (no questions are too small)
- Retired Police Officer or Military preferred but not required
The Farm Worker role is a physical role, which will require the worker to see, hear, understand, stand, walk, sit, bend, pull, lift up to 100 lbs., and operate heavy equipment during all seasons of the year. You will be working with farm animals and horses.
At Ayres Creek Family Farm all employees, regardless of classification, status, or length of service, are expected to meet and maintain Company standards for job performance and behavior. Successful completion of the initial introduction period does not imply a right to continued employment for any specific period or duration. Failure to meet expectations within this period may result in performance improvement plans or disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ocean City, MD 21842: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Farming: 2 years (Required)
- Farm machinery: 2 years (Required)
- Division: Blue Water Development
Location: Ayres Creek Family Farm
Employment type: Full time
Travel %: N/A
Wage range: $ 15.00 – $20.00 (hourly)