Farm Worker – 30 hours position with benefits, on sheep farm in Benson, Vermont.
The Binding Site VT specializes in the production of polyclonal antibodies, primarily in sheep, and is part of a larger well-established and successful medical diagnostic company based in England. We currently have a full-time position available for a Farm Worker position on our Team.
We set very high standards and expectations for the care of our animals and our facility. We operate under strict guidelines from the USDA and our own Quality system and set high standards and requirements of Health & Safety for the protection of our farm workers.
Duties to include:
- Following predefined feed list, feed sheep daily in barns using telehandler, JD 6000 series tractors, and double auger mixer wagon.
- Bedding barns where requested/required with bale processor.
- Tracking use of all materials on Tablet or paperwork for Inventory control.
- Assisting with loading in-vessel composters where required.
- Routine barn check/muck out for x5 24,000 sq ft housing barns
- Field maintenance (spreading manure/nutrients, brush hog, fence line maintenance)
- Participate and carry out on-site, Veterinary trained and approved humane euthanasia
- Assisting Animal Husbandry team with other tasks where required with both manual work and equipment-based work.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Dependable and reliable.
- Able to follow written and digital instruction.
- Able to use basic mathematical skills (adding and subtracting numbers/weight)
- Flexible and patient.
- Able to work in a team.
- Ability to use initiative, be self-motivated and to take responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to follow set policies and procedures
MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD or over
- Previous farming experience is required including operating telehandler and large tractors safely and successfully.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
Anticipated schedule for this 30 hours per week position would be Sunday – Thursday. Additional hours may be available and/or required seasonally and on observed Holidays.
The Binding Site VT is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- tractor/equipment operating: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations