Early Bird Farm Assistant
Primary position: Sales Assistant at Farmers Markets
Secondary position: Farm Hand
Hours: Part time, 2023 Market season April through October
● Saturday 6:00am-1pm (7 hours/week) Lake St. Louis Farmers & Artists Market Highest priority, largest market
Farm Hand work March- October
● 2 weekdays (16 hours/week) Hours can shift to earlier start times in the heat of the summer
○ Weekday hours would be a combination of farm hand work in the morning and market or farm Stand hours in the afternoon.
Total average weekly hours: 23
● Lake St. Louis Farmers & Artists Market at the Meadows
● Wright City Farmers’ Market, Warrenton Farmers’ Market, New Melle Country Market, Wentzville Flea Market, Early Bird Farmstand
● Early Bird Farm Corner of Hwy O and Tuque Road, Wright City, MO 63390
● Farm Assistants also eat the freshest food with great discounts.
● Desire to build community and promote health and wellness through consuming local fresh fruits and vegetables.
● Punctual, honest, trustworthy, and professional
● Knowledge of plants, flowers, and vegetables/ability to retain new knowledge learned.
● Responsible, organized, and efficient
● Confident to ask questions, listen, and independence to work the stand single handedly.
● Patience with customers, always conveying a positive attitude.
● Ability to multitask, and an aim to be efficient.
● Solid decision-making skill set with a quick response time.
● Comfortable around groups of people
● Physically fit, and able minded to perform the job.
● Must be able to lift over 50 pounds repeatedly.
● Come prepared, this is an outdoor job including rain or shine markets.
● Must have a valid Driver’s License
● Reliable transportation to and from market locations
● Must be able to make change, use a square reader, and reconcile a cash box.
Farm Hand responsibilities:
● Assist with greenhouse and high tunnel production of flowers, bedding plants, and vegetables.
● Assist with field production of vegetables and the planting of berry bushes and fruit trees.
● Help establish two new beehives.
● Identify weeds and problem pests in vegetable and flower production.
● Cultivate crops, pull weeds, irrigate, harvest, and wash and pack crops.
● Assisting customers at the on-farm stand and recording daily sales
● Help with bed preparation and plant growing support.
● Work with drip irrigation and fertigation systems
● Assist with building infrastructure, and work to improve growing systems.
● Help maintain farm stand appeal.
● Fill orders, load van for deliveries and/or markets.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- No nights
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- plant or produce sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Hiring 3 candidates for this role