Frog Song Organics
REQUIRED – In addition to applying on Indeed, please send an email to frogsongjobs at gmail.com answering the following questions: name, phone number, which position you’re applying for, why you want to work on a farm, and your favorite vegetable and how you like to eat it. Email applications without all of this information will not be considered. If you follow these instructions you will receive a text or call within one week to schedule a 20 minute phone interview.
Farmers Market Manager
Do you love eating healthy produce and experiencing the seasons through local food? We’re looking for enthusiastic teammates for our markets who will learn about our seasonal vegetables and recommend good options for our customers. This work is performed outside, requires early setup, and interaction with lots of friendly customers. Teammates will begin by learning the display setup and stocking that makes a successful market. After a few successful markets teammates will learn how to serve customers and ring up sales.
Hours: 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm Mondays only
Training starts at $14/hr for at least four markets, then once you can operate all aspects of the market independently, pay goes up to $15/hr, plus a $15 stipend of free products per shift, plus 30% employee discount on additional items purchased at market. Additional delivery work may be available during the week (inquire with manager). Tips, when received, are split by market staff.
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Enjoy sales work and customer service
- Outgoing personality, willing to talk to people and offer suggestions to help sell produce
- Non-tobacco user
- Ability to use a Square register and count back accurate change
- Ability to document inventory and keep written logs
- Ability to pass background check and provide professional references
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with other staff and customers
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to everyone regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or identity, national origin
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds, load and unload trucks
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time on pavement
- Ability and willingness to operate a farmers market in any type of weather
- Physical endurance and ability to prepare yourself for working outdoors with proper rest, hydration, nutrition and attire
- Intrinsically motivated to do an efficient, high-quality job
- Attention to detail
- Interest in cooking and/or organic farming
- Interest in helping to create an alternative to the industrial food system and supplying people in your community with healthy food.
Market Manager – Responsible for the above, plus the additional duties below
- Pre-trip safety inspection of vehicle including checking fluids and air in tires
- Ability to safely operate a box truck, van or truck and trailer combo.
- Load truck with necessary equipment and product in a safe manner and arrive at market on time to set up
- Responsible for scheduling and confirming staffing for your markets
- Paying market staff and documenting
- Ensure proper handling of product to minimize losses
- Enthusiasm for sales of fresh food and ability to motivate & lead other team members
- Unload and properly store leftover product and market equipment
- Refueling vehicles as needed
- Counting cash and dropping off bank deposit
- Completing post market documentation including inventory, sales, customer service notes, revenue, and expenses
- Following up with other team members on any customer service issues or items that need to be addressed before the next market.
Please be ready to provide at least two numbers of previous supervisors for references. If an email is sent with the required information, you will be contacted within 1 week to setup a 20 minute phone interview.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.