This Location Manager position will manage multiple key operational areas of our business and maintain organizational procedures and systems for office personnel.
Location Manager will oversee and manage the daily distribution and/or service workload, project workforce and material needs according to demand coverage, delivery and/ or service. Ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, continued employee development and team building, as well as improve employee – customer relationships.
The Location Manager will also manage employee schedules and troubleshoot scheduling conflicts as arise. This position will report to the Director of Feed and Ag.
This position requires the ability to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all required Federal, State and Company policies. Demonstrate attention to detail, able to make good judgements quickly and the ability to multi-task.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the Feed & Agronomy operations and sales team using motivation, counseling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Employ in the most efficient and effective manner, personnel, equipment, inventory and services.
- Oversee sourcing Supply, A/R & Collections.
- Directly supervises location Feed & Agronomy employees, including hiring, terminating, coaching, counseling and creating development plans.
- Supervise and manage team through training and clear job assignment.
- Complete employee performance reviews according to Company policies.
- Preparing and scheduling of work orders, requisition of parts and equipment, service, repairs and/or installations, dispatch activities, delivery/service routes and scheduling of work hours.
- Approve weekly time cards for employees.
- Oversee, monitor, and enforce location operations, systems, applications, processes, policies and procedures.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that will lead to profitable growth.
- Develops relationships with key vendors and works with them to implement marketing programs that create profitable business growth.
- Supports and participates in the development of safety, compliance practices and policies.
- Review monthly equipment/vehicle inspection reports, monthly inventory reports, mileage/fuel reports, repairs, and company expenditures.
- Maintain vehicle fleet by coordinating the preventative maintenance of vehicles, repairs and licensing.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Business Management or other business/agriculture related field of study.
- 5 years of industry experience.
- 5 years of experience in supervision.
- 5 years of experience in Profit & Loss Statement responsibility.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn business accounting systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Previous agricultural cooperative or agriculture related experience.