Red Dog Farm
We are looking for smart, tough and detail-oriented laborers to join our 2023 farm crew. There are several positions open, with a range of start and end dates.
Ideal candidates will possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and be ready for a challenge.
Applications are reviewed as they are received.
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Seasonal: Spring/Summer through at least 10/27 (prefer through 12/29)
Schedule: Monday- Friday
- The primary responsibilities are to harvest, wash and pack produce
- Utilize and update paperwork to record tasks completed
- Perform field work including but not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing and moving irrigation
- Perform some of the following non-field work seasonally or based on interest/experience: greenhouse work, plant starts, delivering, tractor driving and farmstand stocking
Background and Skills
- One season previous farm experience preferred but not necessary
- Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
- Good communication skills
- Energetic, fun and motivated personality
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Team player able to work with all kinds of people
- Strong back and knees
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
$15.75 – $17.50 per hour DOE, as well as veggies from our fields. Paid sick leave (one hour for every 40 hours worked). Weekly group lunch with all farm employees. Housing is not included. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise as well as an opportunity to increase/ refine responsibilities matching their commitment to the farm.
Complete the Field Crew Application for Employment on our website at reddogfarm.net/hiring and follow the instructions there. Resumes submitted without an application will not be considered.
About Red Dog Farm
Settled in the thriving farming community of Chimacum, Washington, Red Dog Farm boasts gorgeous views, salmon-bearing creek frontage, and prime growing conditions. We are a certified organic production farm and grow over 150 different varieties of vegetables, berries, cut flowers and plant starts on 23 acres. We pride ourselves in providing beautiful, nourishing food for the community through our large CSA program, in our Farmstand, at Farmers Markets, at local grocers, and to regional restaurants. We work hard, rely on organized systems and communication, provide consistent opportunities for trainings & learning, and have fun while doing it!
The crew at Red Dog Farm enjoys the comradery that comes along with working hard as a team, having hands in the dirt and experiencing the fullness of seasons on the farm. The Olympic Peninsula is one of the most diverse landscapes to live and explore, and being in the rain shadow, we enjoy far more sunny days than the rest of the region. Red Dog draws employees who move to the area from all over to work on the farm, and we strive to create a culture of respect & inclusivity. It is important to us that our crew has a healthy work-life balance and can enjoy all the Olympic Peninsula has to offer while also gaining a vast range of farm knowledge and skills. Many of our former crew & managers have gone on to start farms of their own! Ideal applicants will have a strong drive to learn all aspects of the farm, be willing to work outdoors rain or shine, and work well on a team. Whether you are new to farming or have years of experience, we are looking to bring on more hard-working individuals to collaborate with us and the land to continue building a strong local food system.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.75 – $17.50 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
We follow federal and county guidelines as they change.
- Have you filled out the application at reddogfarm.net/hiring? (Resumes submitted through Indeed without an application will not be considered.)
Work Location: In person
Hiring 3 candidates for this role
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.