To assist the facility manager in managing the plant maintenance and operations
Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
Hours are 7am – 5pm
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the facility manager in managing the plant maintenance and operations, administer an effective and proactive program to eliminate workplace incidents. Assist supervisor with monthly inspections completed and sent to facility manager. Assist with completing same inspections weekly with the new associates to help ensure new associates are following and understand our safety expectations.
- Ensure working conditions for all associates are in compliance with all applicable safety guidelines established by Perdue, and local, state, and federal agencies as well as company policies
- Assist the facility manager in coordination and directing the daily activities of maintenance crew and operations teams that receive, dry, store and distribute grain
- Ensure quality, quantity and timeliness of wok meets department standards and expectations. Provide training and work direction and visually inspect work being performed to ensure compliance with safety and work standards
- Operate grain receiving equipment, operate grain drying and related equipment
- Provide necessary training and development opportunities for all team members. Work wit supervisor to identify and attend courses to improve management skills. Assist with new associate integration with existing staff in a timely manner
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on operational equipment with the grain facility to ensure maximum availability and longevity
- Operate lift truck equipment and perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment
- Perform housekeeping of all elevator areas
- Perform other tasks as assigned
High School or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 year of grain operations experience
- Reading, writing, math and analytical skills
- Knowledge of grain receiving ad storage technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Able to moves freely throughout the facility to include climbing vertical heights (0-150″)
- Carrying tools and equipment (0-50 pounds)
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (0-100 degrees F)
- Humidity (0-100%)
- Noise (50db to 100db)
- Chemicals (SDS sheets available)
- Must me able to wear protective equipment to include self-contained breathing apparatus
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.