Grazing Ranch Hand in Fargo, OK
Hodges Land and Cattle Company is seeking a motivated individual who shares a passion to promote the regeneration of native grassland. This position will allow the individual an opportunity to grow their skills in regenerative grazing management, animal husbandry, and stockmanship.
As a Grazing Ranch Hand, the job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Working closely with the ranch Foreman and Manager to perform daily cattle herd movements.
· Use low stress stockmanship to move and handle cattle.
· Develop and maintain parameter and other permanent fences.
· Perform daily installation/deinstallation of temporary polywire fencing.
· Receive and ship cattle.
· Vaccinate livestock.
· Follow ranch and equipment manufacturer safety procedures and policies.
· Perform a variety of general ranch work duties and other duties as assigned by ranch management.
COMPETENCIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
An individual should demonstrate the following characteristics to be successful in performing this job:
· Problem Solving – Quickly identifies problems and develops solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner. Identifies problems that require team member input and assistance.
· Teamwork – Contributes to team by providing open communication while striving to achieve the team’s goals. Promotes team above individual’s self-interest.
· Judgment – Exercises good sound judgement in normal and stressful situations.
· Motivation – Shows a desire to accomplish individual and team goals.
· Work Ethic – Processes a set of values that promote determination while enduring hardships.
· Professionalism – Controls emotions in stressful situations and accepts responsibility for own actions. Show reliability and follows through on commitments.
· Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment by observing safety and security procedures. Utilizes equipment and tools for their intended purpose and follow manufacturers recommendations.
· Attendance & Punctuality – Arrives to work on time and is willing to work extended hours to reach necessary goals. Communicates with team when absence is required.
DATES OF AVAILABILITY
The position is available now through September but could be flexible for the right candidate.
The candidate will be subject to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol tests, (after offer is given but before applicant has commenced work). Random drug tests are given throughout the year.
The location and topography of the Ranch will subject the employee to rough terrain and hot and dry temperatures. The position will require an individual to be on foot and/or be on horseback or ride and ATV/UTV for extended periods of time through rough terrain while enduring extreme cold and hot conditions. Hours exceeding 10 hours per day will be required regularly. This position will generally work 5 out of 7 days per week. The position will also require an individual to lift/move objects up to 75 lbs. As such, safety is extremely important and open communication with team members throughout the day will be required.
To apply, please send resume through Indeed or directly to [email protected]
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.