We are looking for an energetic, team oriented individual with strong communication skills to join our team leading the harvest crew and packing house. This person will be working collaboratively with farm owners to keep track of orders as they come in, make sure everything is getting picked while in the field and then bringing the harvest back to the pack house and ensuring produce is washed, packed, labeled and put away correctly.
At peak season there can be as many as ten people on the farm crew on a given day. This middle management position requires you to not only manage and train others but do the work yourself.
- Compile orders and generate harvest lists.
- Delegate harvest tasks and manage team members for efficient work flow.
- Train team members on quality standards and procedures.
- Set the work pace for harvest, washing and packing providing feedback to team members as necessary.
- Maintain harvest and washing equipment to food safety standards.
- Maintain or delegate harvest, packing and food safety records.
- Organize and oversee order packing.
- Ability to create systems and procedures
- Preemptively identify and communicate any crop issues (pest, disease, gaps in production) that are noticed during picking or otherwise.
- Minimum 2 years experience on a commercial vegetable farm
- Basic experience scouting pests and diseases in vegetable crops
- Solid base of knowledge in vegetable production
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated, strong work ethic
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to manage others in a professional manner
- Ability to harvest, wash and pack vegetables quickly
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Interest in food handling/food safety
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location