Rose Acre Farms Inc
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The person who is working as a Feed Mill Assistant Manager, will assist with the managing of all aspects of the feed mill. The person working as an Assistant Feed Mill Operations Manager may be asked to help in other areas of the company when not needed at the feed mill.
However, this person should help with directing all activities required for producing feed at optimal cost, on schedule and within acceptable quality criteria.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (non-exclusive list)
- Establish, implement and monitor an effective preventive maintenance program. Assists in appropriate repair-versus-replace decisions.
- Assist with ensuring utilization of an approved maintenance management system to track costs and failure rates.
- Strive to achieve best-of-class operating performance.
- Provides performance data to management and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Provides proper emphasis to feed quality.
- Administers an effective safety program to ensure safe equipment, safe environment and policies/procedures that define safe work habits.
- Operates the facility in full compliance with all applicable local and international regulations.
- Follows all guidelines set forth in internally developed (Company) programs.
- Monitors all environmental issues and reports to supervisor periodically or as is immediately.
- Reads and understands the company’s emergency notification process. Responsible for reviewing that policy at work site.
- Works effectively with the procurement dept. to ensure adequate inventories of raw materials.
- Actively develops, shares, and adopts agreed upon company-wide best practices.
- Performs other duties as defined by Supervisor.
- Grade grain
- Communicate effectively with producers and vendors.
- Monitor grain bin and ingredient inventories
- Process daily paperwork to corporate office
- Have a moderate amount of equipment knowledge
- Monthly monitoring of fire extinguisher
- Understand feed formulas
- Must be able to keep area clean
- Safety and test management forms
- Must be able to complete grain purchase contracts
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma is required – some additional training or an Associate’s in an agricultural area is desired.
- Previous knowledge of feed mill operations, poultry management or general grain farming experience is highly desired.
- Capable of physically performing misc. duties in the feed mill, such as making feed for the various locations, tracking grain that is being sent to the farms, and doing necessary maintenance on any feed mill components or storage bins as necessary.
- Capable of maintaining an accurate grain inventory on a daily basis.
- Competent and professional communication skills (i.e. written and verbal.)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once – the ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to treat co-workers with respect and courtesy.
- Ability to deal with customers professionally.
- Possess good decision making skills.
- Possess a strong sense of ethics regarding business and professional matters.
- Computer knowledge
Rose Acre Farms is committed to producing high-quality eggs and egg products and leading the way in animal stewardship. In order to continue to produce quality eggs and egg products and being a leader in animal welfare, we need people that are hardworking, passionate, and professional, that own their work and have pride in it. Rose Acre Farms offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for its Team Members and eligible family members, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacation.
This application is not an employment contract but merely is intended to evaluate suitability for employment. If a job offer is made, employment may be contingent upon verification of the applicant’s social security number with the social security administration and a criminal history information check. Rose Acre is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, sexual orientation, gender identity or other legally protected status.
ANIMAL WELFARE COMMITMENT:
- Rose Acre Farms is fully committed to providing our animals with a safe and healthy environment, free from abuse and treated humanely in all aspects.
- All team members are obligated by moral duty, Rose Acre Farms requirement (refer to Animal Abuse Policy in Rose Acre Farms Handbook), and legal obligation to uphold the strictest animal welfare structured environment and are obligated to report any incidents of abuse, neglect or breach of bio-security for the health and welfare of our animals.
- No smoking allowed in workplace, break areas, or on any company property.
- No smoking in company-provided vehicles.
Esta posición requiere poder hablar, entender, leer, y escribir inglés.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.