The Herdsman will provide a high level of management and care of our 500+ Wagyu cattle herd on our 3,000-acre ranch that lies between Manhattan and Olsburg, Kansas. Our emphasis on rapid genetic improvement involves high volume AI, embryo transfer, and feed efficiently data collection.
- 5 years of direct cattle management and extensive ranch experience, 5+ years, preferred.
- Must have good communication skills, attention to detail, and able to follow instructions.
- Work with a team and have a positive mindset.
- Knowledge of general cattle health management.
- Must have extensive experience with doctoring and administering all forms of medication on all ages of cattle.
- Experience with all aspects of calving cows and heifers – tubing, calf health protocols.
- Must have extensive experience and skills with horses and utilizing horses for herd management and pasture movements.
- Experience with pasture management and grass utilization.
- Must have a low stress cattle handling mindset.
- Experience with Cattlemax or similar platform for herd records.
- Experience driving trucks and trailers, hauling cattle.
- Knowledge and experience feeding cattle.
- Availability for 6-to-7-day work weeks. 24-hour availability upon occasion during fall calving season and adverse weather conditions.
- Salary 45K – 55K
- Flexible Time Off
- Health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401(K) Retirement Plan & Company Match
- Career Development Opportunities within Booth Creek Wagyu
The vision of Booth Creek Wagyu (BCW) is to become the leading direct to consumer premium meat company in the US! BCW is a Wagyu beef and seed stock company located in the Flint Hills outside of Manhattan, Kansas. By leveraging the strategic advantages of raising and feeding Wagyu cattle in the Midwest, we are cutting out layers in the current industry. BCW encompasses top 1% genetics, best practice feeding and husbandry, and our own processing facilities. Current distribution includes our own meat market retail stores, ecommerce, and select wholesale accounts. We welcome you to get in on the early stages of building a great company and working with an eager, determined team!