Apricot Lane Farms is a 234-acre farm integrated within a reawakened ecosystem.
With a team that makes the seemingly impossible possible, the farm regeneratively grows more than 200 varieties of fruits and vegetables, and raises sheep, cows, pigs, chickens and ducks with care and respect while working in harmony (or a comfortable level of disharmony) within a dynamic ecosystem.
We are seeking an experienced and committed Holistic Livestock Specialist. The Holistic Livestock Specialist oversees all aspects of the daily care, feeding, and life support system maintenance of our diverse collection of animals.
- Responsible for any and all livestock needs at Apricot Lane Farms.
- Performs daily tasks including, but not limited to, tending to the water and food of all our mammals, shearing sheep, moving animals from one area to another, organizing supplies, building & moving fences, monitoring grass levels, and mucking stalls.
- Assist and facilitate the vetting of animals, under the direction of the Livestock Holistic Manager and Founding Farmer
- Help in seeding, mowing, monitoring, mulching, and more in the animals’ pastures of Apricot Lane Farms as needed.
- Assists in the birth of all animals across the property and may be on call at all hours of the day or night to do so.
- Flexible in conducting night visits to check on sick animals, nursing animals or animals that are left out in the pasture or orchard.
- Support the farm’s needs outside of all core responsibilities, including, but not limited to, irrigation work, supporting the needs of the orchards, building structures, installing, and repairing fencing, tractor operation, running errands and addressing reasonable requests by Farm Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to maintain clear communication with others
- Detail oriented; ORGANIZED
- Passion for livestock/animals and the land/animals/ecosystem (especially soil!)
- PREFERRED 6 months to a year farm experience with livestock
- PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED with Holistic / Organic Animal Husbandry
- PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED experience with tractor
- Comfortable with Google Workspace – Gmail, Google Maps, Drive, etc.
- Must live within 30 minutes of the Farm* ○ Temporary Housing Available for Qualified Candidates
- Able to work a Sunday – Thursday (6:30am – 3:00pm)
- Have a valid driver’s License with clean driving record
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $20.00 – $22.00 / hour
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account)
- 401K with employer matching
- Paid sick + vacation • 10 paid holidays annually
- Employee discount
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com