The individual filling this position will be responsible for taking in-field measurements such as soil moisture, plant water status, and irrigation system pressure in the northern farming region within Wonderful Citrus.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Take daily measurements of soil moisture content and plant water status using a pressure chamber
- Assist when necessary measuring irrigation system pressures
- Record and report your measurements accurately and in a timely manner
- Confer with your irrigation supervisor regarding where and when to sample
- Take pride in the quality of your work
- Adhere to established safety guidelines
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- 1+ years of experience working in production agriculture
- A proactive attitude and willingness to learn and cooperate
- The ability to work outside in varying environmental conditions
- Basic computer proficiency, including mobile devices
- Comfort with basic arithmetic
- A valid CA driver’s license
- English speaking or Bilingual preferred
Pay Rate: $18.50/hour
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law – click here for more information