Overview: Assist in overseeing livestock duties at the farm such as catching, preparing, and saddling horses for the pony ride. Oversee and help with feeding all animals, cleaning pens, doctoring, and handling. Oversee training of other employees and handling animals as well.
Help manage breeding programs with all animals such as goats, sheep, cows, chickens, and rabbits. Educate and train other employees and guests in animal care and husbandry.
Help with feed program and schedule. Work closely with the farm hands and report to the livestock manager.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day animal operations of the Farm at Thanksgiving Point
- Organize and manage time to complete daily tasks with animals.
- Create meaningful experiences and services for team members and guests.
- Assist in hiring, training, mentoring, and leading staff on animal handling and work-related skills.
- Manage the rotation and organization of animal feed products, tack inventory, and animal scheduling.
- May be assigned to assist with guest experience responsibilities, including cashier, pony attendant, or farm supervisor.
- Several years of experience with livestock handling such as birthing, feeding, training and husbandry.
- Have a good knowledge or education of animal feeds.
- Two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Demonstrated computer skills, primarily Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Physical requirements include lifting and moving heavy objects up to 50 pounds, extended periods of time on feet including walking and moving about property, twisting, bending, and manipulating small objects.
- Problem solving and excellent communication skills.
- Self-directed and motivated to get jobs done and look for additional ways to help.
- Willingness to work weekends, including Sundays when occasion requires, and holidays.
- Pass a background check.
Wage: $16-17/hour, depending on experience
Shift: Full-Time with Mon-Sat
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, LTD, PTO, 9 company Holiday’s, 401K after 6 months of work, and more!