Dayspring Dairy is a family farm located in Gallant, AL about 30 minutes from Gadsden.
We are Alabama’s first sheep dairy and makers of artisan sheep milk cheeses and caramel.
Milker & Farm Hand
We are hiring for the following shifts:
- Evening Milker – Part-time and Seasonal (6 PM to 8:30 PM, March through May)
- Morning Milker – Part-time and Seasonal (7 AM – 9:30 AM, March through September)
- Weekend Shifts available on Saturdays and Sundays
- Assist with milking 75 sheep using mechanical milking equipment.
- Monitoring the health of our dairy sheep and alerting owners of any problems.
- Feed and water sheep and monitor food and water supplies.
- Cleaning of milking parlor and equipment.
- Operating milking equipment with proper training.
- Assist with feeding and raising lambs and watching ewes during lambing
- Additional hours possible in the cheese production facility with packaging and labeling.
- Enjoys being around livestock and sheep.
- Dependable and reliable!
- Able to work weekends.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Enjoys cleaning!
- Livestock management experience a plus.
Pay & Training: Extensive training provided and pay will be increased once the candidate is trained and performing satisfactory work.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
- After school
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
Hiring 2 candidates for this role