At doTERRA we encourage all employees to seek out opportunities that will expand their skill set. We strive to help achieve personal career goals by providing opportunities of growth and movement throughout the company.
Nursery Laborer is responsible for performing a variety of tasks to support the successful cultivation and distribution of tree seedlings and other plants. This includes activities related to seed collection, sowing, growing, maintaining, and managing plants, as well as ensuring the overall health and well-being of the plants within the nursery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Seed Collection:
o Collect seed for target species through the year.
o Clean and process seeds for short- and long-term shortage.
o Safely utilize and maintain machinery used for seed processing.
o Safely utilize and maintain in good working condition machinery used for preparing soil and media for planting.
o Sow seeds or transplants seedlings in a precise and timely manner.
o Label and document different species and batches accordingly.
o Ensure plants are watered according to their specific needs.
o Apply fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides as instructed and with label requirements.
o Weed flats and containers to ensure plants are healthy and have optimal growth.
o Adjust and space seedlings to ensure plants have an optimal growth environment.
o Regularly inspect plants for signs of pests, diseases, or other problems.
o Monitor and maintain optimal growth conditions for seedlings including temperature, humidity, and light.
o Support inventory management, including tagging, scanning, or updating inventory records.
o Assist in lifting, grading, and bundling seedlings for distribution.
o Prepare seedlings for transport, ensuring they remain in good condition.
· Nursery Upkeep:
o Clean and sanitize work areas, tools, and equipment regularly.
o Assist with the maintenance of irrigation systems.
o Ensure the nursery is weed and pest free.
o Perform basic repairs and maintenance on nursery infrastructure as needed.
· Team Collaboration:
o Work effectively and collaborate with other team members to achieve nursery tasks and goals.
o Attend training sessions and team meetings as required.
· Other Tasks:
o Carry out other related duties as assigned by Nursery Manager or Supervisor.
Effectiveness areas are critical aspects of how you approach your job on a daily basis and will be used to evaluate your job performance:
· Responsibility you will be responsible for outcomes. Outcomes include the ethical operation, profitability, efficiency and good will of Kealakekua Forest Nurseries, KMR and d?TERRA. The outcomes that you will advance will be defined with your participation, be specific and clear, and will be used as part of your work evaluation. Outcomes should not be achieved at the expense of d?TERRAs Purpose, Mission or Values as included in d?TERRAs Employee Handbook (d?TERRAs Guiding Principles), but can and should be achieved through the implementation of d?TERRAs Guiding Principles. You will embrace accountability, accept correction, seek opportunities for improvement and avoid assigning blame.
· Growth at KFN, KMR and d?TERRA International, you will seek to increase personal knowledge regarding your work (including accepting new and additional work opportunities), develop and follow a career development plan, grow KFNs and KMRs business and influence in the community and help other team members flourish.
· Alignment as an employee of KFN and d?TERRA and a steward of their assets, including their reputation for good, you are committed without reservation to d?TERRAs Guiding Principles. You study them regularly and look for opportunities to improve how you live these principles in your work, personal life and engagement in the community. You will help your team members to be aligned with d?TERRAs Guiding Principles. Self-dealing, compromising d?TERRA business opportunities for personal gain or negatively impacting d?TERRAs reputation will be cause for separation.
· Basic knowledge of plant care and nursery operations is preferred.
· Knowledge of native Hawaiian flora is preferred.
· Ability to work in various weather conditions.
· Physical stamina and ability to lift heavy objects.
· Good communication skills and ability to follow instructions.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
· Previous experience in a nursery or similar setting is a plus.
· Respectful of the Hawaiian culture.
· Ability to stand, bend, kneel, and crounch for extended periods.
· Physically fit and able to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
· Ability to lift and carry objects weighting up to 50 pounds.
· Manual dexterity for operating tools and machinery.
· Employee must be able to provide own transportation to and from nursery location, which may include Awl or 4wd conditions.
· Must have appropriate field clothes, including field boots, long out-door pants, sun protection, etc.
doTERRA International, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Work Location: In person