Our products are developed through scientific research conducted in real cropping conditions at our North Central Research Station (NCRS). With over 1400 tillable acres, we have the space and expertise to test our products in a variety of circumstances. It’s this combination of expert chemistry and in-the-field research that helps us develop the best products, and helps our customers get the best return on their fertilizer investment.
- Oversee & complete daily activities of spray applications for fertility treatments as well as pest management
- Collaborate with NCRS and Agronomy team to assist in planning production ground for daily farming operations
- Assist with projects related to farm improvements, expansion, and general upkeep including drainage, irrigation, brush and tree management.
- Oversee computerized records of all spray applications and chemical inventory
- Work with NCRS Research team to create seasonal strategies and fertility management plans for crops and high density orchard.
- Perform maintenance, repairs and purchasing in the areas of machine and vehicle servicing.
- Assist NCRS Site Manager and Research Agronomists in executing and maintaining research plots.
- Develop & implement new methods specific to application technology.
- Assist in repair and schedule maintenance & servicing of all farm type machinery and vehicles.
- Aid in modification of existing equipment to meet changing needs.
- Perform general farm duties such as tillage, planting and harvest including grain hauling.
- MDARD Commercial Applicators License (1A/1B/1C)
- Experience and knowledge of crop protection chemical programs
- Experience operating self-propelled sprayer
- Associates Degree or Skilled Trades/Vocational certificate in equipment related area (preferred)
- Demonstrated GreenStar GPS system knowledge
- Experience with John Deere mechanical and electrical repairs
- Proven ability to source parts and supplies online
- Ability to stand; sit; lift, squat, stoop and/or move over 75 lbs.
- Have or be willing to obtain Class A CDL with tanker endorsement
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain.
- Positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft office, internet, custom programs.
What We Offer
We strive to provide our employees with a complete compensation package that supports them from employment to retirement such as:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription, FSA
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Flexible schedules
- Training and Development
- Bonus opportunities and more