- This is a seasonal position! This is a job for someone looking for 35 weeks of work! For 5 weeks from the last week of April to the last week of May deliveries will just be once – twice a week. Then for the next 23 weeks, from the 1st week of June – 1st week of November the work is fulltime + overtime for 5 days a week; Monday – Friday. For the following 7 weeks down to part time for 7 more weeks of work to 3 days a week from the 2nd week of November up until the 3rd week of December. (note: if you are only interested in the 23 weeks of full time work, please still apply for this position, just let us know this when applying)
- Comfortable using Google Maps.
- 1+ years of working experience as a delivery driver of a truck
- Must pass DOT physical exam. Must have a current DOT card or be willing to get one.
- Ability to work alone under deadlines and in all weather conditions with ease.
- You will be using a pallet jack to load pallets into a box truck and a dolly, will be used when you have many & or heavy boxes to deliver to a location.
- Good communication skills with operations managers and fellow employees.
- Keep detailed paperwork organized.
- Valid ID drivers license
- Safe driving record
What do Delivery Drivers do for Who Cooks For You Farm?
- Pack the truck at 6 am, then deliver to 14-20 drop sites at day 10 – 30 boxes per site. (Boxes weigh anywhere from 5-40lbs. Boxes are carefully prepared and packed full of our business’ own certified organic produce as well as other local farmers goods. These boxes are pre bought before the season begins in June, and we deliver up until the week of Christmas.
- There is a lot of sitting and yet a lot of hustling on this job. When the truck gets put in park, it’s time to hustle and get the boxes to their destination. This is where literacy is a must and attention to detail is very important.
- Go above and beyond to meet the job’s needs
- Must be able to interact and communicate well with customers and employees.
- Must be physically fit, and able bodied. You will be using a dolly when delivering, and a pallet jack to load pallets. All pallets up to 6 will be torn apart from the pallet and unloaded by the individual box by hand at each destination. It must be easy to get in and out of the back of the box truck step ladder. You will be entering and exiting the back of the box truck w/out the use of the liftgate up to 35 times throughout the delivery day. You should enjoy moving your body and not mind sitting in a truck, and this means driving through tight city alleys and streets, as well as the inevitable traffic.
- If you have good attention to detail and want to work hard for a local family owned company who cares about their employees please be in touch.
- This is a seasonal position, but we do encourage you to take unemployement on the off season and return the following season. If you are asked to return the next season and you take the position you will be rewarded.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- 1 year
- 8 hour shift
We strongly recommend getting the covid-19 vaccine. Our work catogory is listed as “essential worker “.
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: On the road