Gathering Together Farm is a long-standing sixty five acre organic mixed vegetables farm located in Philomath, Oregon. GTF has farmed the loamy banks of the Marys River since 1987, focusing on high-quality organic produce and meaningful customer relationships.
Over 35 years, we have built a loyal following of families and professional buyers from Corvallis to the coast, and throughout the Portland metro area.
You can find our produce and see what we’re about at five different farmers markets throughout the year; or, of course, find our farm website for further background and details.
- Harvesting a wide diversity of seasonal vegetables daily.
- Transplanting as a crew with an advanced machine and individually by hand.
- Crop weeding, thinning, and other elements of cultural management.
- Trellising tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and other warm-season crops.
- Other jobs essential to a diversified farm.
- Commitment to product quality and food safety.
- Commitment to conducting yourself efficiently while on the clock.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Reliable transportation to and from the farm.
- Ability to work long days and early hours, and have a somewhat flexible schedule.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor temperatures and weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform physical demands of the position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Vegetable farming experience, and/or agricultural education and training.
- Passion for organic farming and organic produce.
- Experience operating tractors and other farm equipment.
- Focus, self-awareness, discipline, and motivation for farming work.
- Friendly communication, a collaborative spirit, and a love for teamwork.
- Flexibility and adaptiveness for solving problems on the farm.
- Open fields and high tunnels, in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Communal meals provided at the shaded farm home base five days per week.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, kneel, stoop, climb and push, pull, or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity, auditory, and visual skills, and the ability to learn farm conventions and standards.
- Requires the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures, and effectively report field observations.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time, seasonal or year round position (TBD in discussion at end of year).
- 30 – 60 hours (TBD) per week with 5-6 day potential work week that goes Monday through Friday or Saturday.
- Start time 7am for the farm-wide morning meeting where the day’s plan is discussed.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Thank you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Philomath, OR 97370: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person