H&R Agri-Power is reputable farm-equipment dealer with 18 locations across 6 states. We provide Sales, Service, and Parts for heavy farming equipment that can plow acres of crops all the way down to lawn care equipment that allows our customers to keep their yards looking their best all season long.
H&R Agri-Power has been serving the agriculture community since 1990 with plans to keep growing to provide bigger and better service to our customers.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, dependable, and experienced PRECISION AG. SPECIALIST to join our MAYFIELD, KY team.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE H&R AGRI-POWER FAMILY:
- COMPETITIVE WAGES
- QUARTERLY INCENTIVE BONUSES
- DISCOUNTS ON EQUIPMENT AND MERCHANDISE
- AFFORDABLE BENEFITS PACKAGES
- VACATION AND SICK TIME
- PAID TRAINING
- 100% EMPLOYEE OWNED
JOIN OUR TEAM & LET US POWER UP YOUR CAREER!
A Precision Ag. Specialist is responsible for offering sales and service support to customers with all their Precision Ag farming equipment. They work with customers to expand and maintain their precision ag equipment as well as stay up to date on new technologies and trends involving precision ag. A successful Precision Ag. Specialist will perform the following tasks in a way that supports H&R Agri-Power’s mission to provide quality products/service at a fair price to afford a reasonable return on assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete repairs and service on precision ag hardware and software at the dealership or in the field.
- Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers and offer product recommendations that would be useful to their farming needs.
- Become and remain current on product knowledge, features, upgrades, and benefits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key crop protection retailers, wholesalers, and farmers to better service their related product needs.
- Provide support to store location(s) with knowledge and information pertaining to precision ag hardware and/or software.
- Execute product deliveries, installations, and demonstrations for customers.
- Manage updated manuals and materials.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and safe work environment by interacting with customers, peers, management and support resources in a way that promotes teamwork and a commitment to excellence.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associate degree or higher
- 2+ years of related experience
- Agriculture experience is not necessary, but preferrable.
- Advanced computer skills required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Able to set work priorities and work independently.
- Extensive technical knowledge and skill.
- Uses logic and critical thinking to solve problems.
- High-level of competence.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Employ a customer focused mindset while completing a job.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee or with reasonable accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to move around the dealership building and grounds without assistance.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, crouch, kneel, stand, reach, grasp, crawl, walk, push, pull, or climb.
- Ability to climb in, out of, and under equipment.
- Ability to operate all vehicles and equipment safely to prevent injury to self or others.
- Lift 10 pounds regularly, lift up-to 25 pounds frequently and occasionally lift 80 pounds.
- Possess a visual acuity that will allow you to see small cracks, holes, and parts.
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment or outside in inclement weather.