Bane-Welker Equipment, LLCFarm Jobs in Indiana • Poultry Agriculture Jobs • Agriculture Sales Jobs
In this role the candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to independently perform basic and complex diagnostic, service repair, and installation work of precision farming systems on customer and/or dealer owned agricultural equipment. This position will report to the state AFS manager.
Precision Farming Specialist need mechanical and electrical skills and should have an aptitude for increasing these skills to expand the kinds of jobs they can perform. A “be-of-service” attitude is also important when dealing with customers since your customer satisfaction is so vital to the growth of the service department.
Bane-Welker is a company with over 50 years in the agriculture equipment business. In recent years, we have had 86% growth. We are 100% employee-owned and live by our values of trust, respect, and teamwork.
Our investment in our employees goes well beyond that, we provide both an Employee Stock Ownership Plan and 10% 401K match for your retirement. Our teams are highly trained and certified, and we keep them at the top of the industry with ongoing training for all departments in our two training centers.
Joining the BWE Team you will play an intricate role in the financial stability helping Bane-Welker Equipment for future planned growth.
- Performs installation and repair work on precision farming equipment, in accordance with time schedules as assigned by state AFS manager.
- Suggests additional needed work to the service salesman or state AFS manager so the customer may be notified.
- Makes certain that work assignment is correct, ask for clarification if there are questions.
- Maintains tools and equipment, and notify the state AFS manager if tools need replacement, or new tools are needed.
- Observes all safety rules and consistently works in a safe manner – reports any injuries “immediately” to the state AFS manager.
- Maintains cleanliness of the working area and presents a neat and professional appearance.
- Maintains cleanliness of the customer’s equipment.
- Assists in expediting of parts orders to avoid wasting time.
- Notifies the state AFS manager, dispatcher, and/or service salesman if delays are expected, or if a part needs to be ordered.
- Ask for assignment if out of work or temporarily not able to complete a job.
- Provide assistance to co-workers and fellow employees as needed.
- Accounts for all time and material used.
- Maintains a consistent attendance record.
- Clocks in and out daily showing job tickets, pers/vac/sick time, etc.
- Completes and submits all daily documentation to the state AFS manager in a timely manner.
- Consistently strive to improve percentage of billable hours to meet or exceed quota.
- Maintains vigilance for methods of effecting cost reductions or revenue increases and reports observations to the service manager.
- Transports and delivers or picks-up equipment, machines or parts as needed, always loading, and securing carefully to ensure no damage by transport. Performs equipment checks both before and after transport to avoid transport damage claims and gives customer instructions for basic operation.
- Performs AFS setup or pre-delivery inspections on new or used equipment as prescribed by state AFS manager.
- Immediately reports any malfunction or defects to state AFS manager.
- Performs all field service assignments promptly and efficiently with a minimum of non-billable comebacks.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs, so the problem is corrected, and future re-dos are avoided.
- Keeps up their education on the product lines and maintains abreast of any changes.
- Maintains appropriate licenses and certifications.
- Ability to diagnose and repair all AFS equipment (Monitors, Nav, autosteer,etc…)
- Other duties as may be assigned by the state AFS manager.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
- Work is performed in an office, maintenance shop and outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to sitting, standing, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, speaking, listening and motor coordination.
- Bane-Welker is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our full-time employees; overtime pay for hourly employees, competitive salary, $20,000 company-paid term life insurance (option to purchase more), paid vacation, and holidays. Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance are all available. Bane Welker also offers a Health Savings Account and 401K with a 10% matching contribution. As well as our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
The Precision Farming Specialist must be thoroughly familiar with the dealer’s line of precision farming equipment. They must know the detailed construction of many machines and have the knowledge and skill to make repairs properly. A natural mechanical ability and familiarization with testing equipment and diagnostic procedures, as well as maintaining proficiency, as required. Listed are just some of the additional requirements: sitting, standing, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching, speaking, listening and motor coordination skills.
- Bane-Welker Equipment reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees are required to perform any other functions or duties assigned to them by management. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will”.
Reports to the State AFS Manager