The Ranch at Rock CreekFarm Jobs in Montana • Ranch Hand Jobs • Barn Jobs
Ranch Hand performs duties to assist in the daily operations of the Ranch in maintaining all livestock and Ranch facilities.
Our ideal candidate would follow the western cowboy lifestyle and have actual ranch/rodeo experience. We are searching for a proactive individual, who has a strong, proven work ethic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and fix Ranch fences.
- Strong horse riding ability (must provide riding video)
- Good Roping skills/ability to teach others to rope
- Ability to work as a Wrangler, assisting the Barn Department with guest rides, as needed
- Connect with guests for Ride-A-Long with a Rancher events
- Assist with weekly summer rodeos
- Cattle operations: calving, feeding doctoring, etc
- Clean shop and equipment.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; and performing preventive maintenance.
- Wood cutting and splitting.
- Assists where ever needed to help with Ranch operations- especially where guests are concerned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Ranch Manager
- High School Degree or GED.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have general knowledge of all aspects of agriculture functions.
- Knowledge of Ranch farming equipment and ability to use industrial ranch tools.
Special Skills/Physical Demand
- Must be personable and well kept – some interactions with guests are required.
- Ability to use radio/pager and respond in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform assignments with minimal supervision and focus attention on details.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to physically perform all duties required – lifting up to 50 lbs., work in hot or inclement weather.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as seasonal duties demand
- Preferred proficiency in hoof care experience