The Ranch Hand position will work with Lone Creek Cattle Company’s operation at our Toro Ranch near Broken Bow, Nebraska. This position will involve all aspects of a cattle and farm operation.
The Ranch Hand will work with processing cattle, herd health, and herd management. Feedlot maintenance, fencing, and general maintenance projects will also be part of the day to day duties. Assisting with seasonal tasks such as planting, pivot irrigation, harvest, and haying operations, may also be included.
Some livestock and farming experience preferred. A valid CDL license (Class A, B, or C) is helpful. Assume other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or related experience in agriculture and farming
- Some hands-on experience in cattle handling
- Stable and progressive work history
- Flexible and open to change
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Able to work independently and communicate within a team environment
- General understanding of safety precautions (i.e., farm machinery, equipment, cattle handling.)
- Mechanical aptitude necessary
- Able to maintain confidentiality of various projects
This position offers housing opportunities and benefits (health, dental, 401k, etc.).
Position is currently available near Broken Bow, Nebraska
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Broken Bow, NE 68822: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Cattle Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location