We are looking for a full-time ranch hand who is energetic, a jack-of-all-trades, and can work independently.
Full (or part) time
The ideal candidate can dedicate 8hrs of work, 6 days per week.
We’ll consider part time workers.
General ranch work:
- build, monitor for damage and repair fences, animal pens and water systems
- maintain roads
- build animal and equipment shelters
- monitor, maintain and repair barns, facilities and machinery
Help care for animals as directed:
- keep pastures and farrowing pens clean
- monitor and take care of health, safety or other concerns
- Min 2 years of experience with ranch or construction work (lawn care does qualify)
- Min 6 months handling farm animals
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record, no criminal record or outstanding warrants, and drug free.
- Pass a background check, and periodic drug and alcohol tests
- Reliable transportation to get to work
- For your safety: good physical and health condition – this is a 100% physical job
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Johnson City, TX 78636: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Will you pass a background check, and periodic drug and alcohol tests?
- Animal handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- ranch work or construction (not just landscaping): 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 2 candidates for this role