We are an Iberian pig farm. Iberico is to pork what Wagyu us to beef – very high end meat. This breed is native to Spain and Portugal, only found in a handful of farms in the USA.
We are G.A.P. animal welfare certified, and our docile pigs are raised free range (like cattle), with no animal byproducts, antibiotics, or hormones.
We are looking for one more person to help the ranch manager get the daily work done.
Responsibilities include weighing, sorting, feeding and transporting the animals, cleaning farrowing pens, building and fixing fence, building and fixing waterers, maintaining equipment and the property in good order, and other responsibilities typical of a working ranch.
This is a busy ranch, so the ideal candidate is in good health, fit and enjoys the physical activity that comes with farm work, is a jack of all trades, likes challenges, can handle important responsibilities, is uncomfortable seeing waste (time, money, water, materials, etc) and takes pride in doing things right the first time.
To join our team, you must:
– have experience working with farm animals (not necessarily pigs)
– have experience with ranch work or equivalent (e.g. construction. Landscaping does NOT count)
– pass a background check and periodic drug tests
– have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cherokee, TX 76832: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Will you pass the background check?
- Do you understand we do not provide housing?
- Ranch: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job, please click here to apply