Ranch hand needed at a small equine breeding farm in the beautiful Corralitos Hills.
Work on a small horse breeding farm owned by a veterinarian. This is a part time job. 6 to 15 hours per week. More work is available if you’re willing to do yard work, tractor work, mowing, weedwhacking, gardening and projects. This would be perfect for a pre-veterinary student, vet tech, or someone interested in learning more about breeding horses. There is a possibility of housing/trade for part of rent. Cabrillo College is only 20 minutes away. Please pass this on to excellent prospects!
Job entails: 2 hour shifts 4-5 days per week.
* getting up early in the morning to feed & clean stalls for 3-4 adult horse +/-one foal;
* sometimes turning out and lunging the horses;
* evening feeding and stall cleaning;
* caring for a small flock of chickens; fresh eggs!
* keeping the barn & surrounding areas — arena, round corral, hayloft, hayshed & chicken coop – clean and neat;
* occasionally helping w/medication and/or breeding a mare or foaling;
* help take care of 2 cats;
Fresh eggs, fruit & veggies are available at times
Location: Lovely 20-acre property in the beautiful Corralitos Hills
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
This job is mostly out of doors and usually you are working by yourself without supervision. Ideally wear a mask in the tack room area and indoors in the barn breezeway. Disinfect tool handles and surfaces you touch after each of your shifts.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Watsonville, CA 95076: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- horse: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job, please click here to apply