TJL Farms Marshall
1200 sq. ft. home / housing may be available.
We are seeking a qualified, experienced ranch operations manager. We have red stag deer, wildebeest, zebras, etc.
- Monitor herd by riding SUV daily.
- Ensure animals have access to water and food at all times
- Identify sick animals and determine proper treatment or consult vet.
- Assist in branding or tagging of animals
- Oversee and administer vaccination programs
- Corral animals for vaccinations or branding
- Maintain and build fences as well as any shelter buildings
- Maintain ranch and herd equipment
- Hire, train and supervise ranch helpers.
- Monitor grazing land to ensure livestock is properly fed; may need to setup and monitor irrigation systems during droughts
- Plant, fertilize and harvest hay to save for winter feed supply
- Maintain high standards of animal welfare
- Work closely with animal brokers to buy and sell livestock.
- Keep up to date market information about exotics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Farm Management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.