Purpose: To improve people’s lives
Vision: To grow and deliver the highest quality fruit and create value for our customers, employees, and growers.
Mission: The Sage family is admired for being the industry leader. We are passionate about creating value and improving people’s lives.
Role Summary: This job may be responsible for assisting the Ranch Manager in managing crew leaders and field laborers at a company ranch location as well as completing tasks requested by the Ranch Manager. Additional job requirements include but are not limited to the following…
Values: Demonstrates behaviors which contribute to the growth and achievement of Legacy’s mission:
- Integrity: We do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Respect: We practice the “Golden Rule”.
- Teamwork: We work together to achieve common goals – no barriers.
- Excellence: We continuously look for ways to creatively improve.
- Accountability: We are personally responsible for delivering desired results.
- Passion: We earnestly care about outcomes and perceptions of others.
· Assist Ranch Manager in maintaining ranch operations including but not limiting to making sure employees arrive on time, inspecting equipment prior to use, resolving conflicts, etc.
· Communicate and follow company policies and procedures including but not limited to, hiring/termination workplace safety, food safety, etc.
· Assist Ranch Manager by monitoring, communicating and implementing all food safety policies, procedures and logs
· Help Ranch Manager manage H2A foreign workers during harvest pick up times; drop off times, housing rules, etc.
· Assist Ranch Manager with payroll duties that include but are not limited to; scanning clock in and clock out times, uploading to main office, etc.
· Assist Ranch Manager with various field duties including but not limiting to; project management, pruning & thinning management, spraying management, irrigation management, etc.
· Responsible for continuous communication with Ranch Manager
· Available to perform any other field task requested by the Ranch Manager
· Must be available for flexible hours, overtime and weekends
Education & Experience:
· Working knowledge of chemicals, training systems, pruning techniques and all other aspects of horticulture
· Must have computer knowledge, Microsoft Office programs
· Background Check/Driving Abstract
· Drug screen
Certificates & Licenses:
· Driver’s license
· Spray Applicators License
· Ability to drive and operate heavy field equipment including but not limited to, tractors, forklifts, four-wheeler, etc.
· Ability to regularly sit, stand, grasp, reach, stoop/crouch, talk, and hear, twist body and head 180 degrees while backing up.
· Ability to frequently lift and pull/push up to 50+ lbs. Ability to smell, see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental/Other Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation
· Ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time
· Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary
· Ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations
· Ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· The ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet
· Ability to identify and/or prevent problems; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature
· Ability to complete duties, on time, ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Workplace Environmental Conditions:
· Ability to tolerate potential harsh weather conditions for short or long periods of time
· Exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at a level sufficient to cause hearing loss or fatigue
· Injury exposure to workplace hazards, field equipment and machinery
· Regularly exposed to wet and dirty conditions outside
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Royal City, WA 99357: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Supervising: 1 year (Required)
- Farming: 2 years (Required)
- Driving’s License/Spray Applicators License (Required)
Work Location: In person