Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Under General supervision perform duties and tasks incidental to poultry barn cleanup and sanitation. Ability to understand, follow given instructions and procedures.
Wages $16.75 – $17.50 per hour
Perdue offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes options for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, optional group life insurance, short and long-term disability protection, and flexible spending accounts. Perdue also offers a 401(k) savings plan with company match.
Access to your pay daily before payday!
Paid Time Off
$3,000 Retention Payout:
- $600 @ 30 days
- $600 @ 60 days
- $600 @ 90 days
- $1,200 @ 6 months
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Properly mix and administer vaccines to flocks in the field as prescribed by Grow Out management to maximize bird health and performance.
- Perform tasks such as, but not limited to, field feed inventories, rodent bait station maintenance, temperature monitoring (thermal camera), and generator checks as prescribed by Grow Out management
- Provide the Grow Out Manager with a weekly report with regards to bird health and/or vaccination status
- Communicate with Grow Out management daily in regards to scheduling, vaccination. or producer issues
- Pick up vaccines and supplies as needed for daily activities and coordinates vaccine inventory and usage with the Medication Department
- Responsible for properly handling, storing, and disposing of vaccines in prescribed manner
- Properly care for and maintain vaccination equipment
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner complying with all company policies, state and federal requirements
- Clean up company vehicle and equipment daily and follow all appropriate bio-security procedures
- Comply and follow company requirements regarding bio-security, food safety, and poultry welfare programs and policies at all time
- Maintain safety working environment
High School or equivalent
- 0 -3 years of work experience
- Good communication (oral and written), reading, math, and analytical skills
- Background in statistics preferred
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Must be physically able to work in chicken houses
- Exposure to seasonal weather conditions outside and up to 95 degrees inside
- Exposure to significant amount of airborne dust, and feathers
- Exposure to chicken manure and associated odors, including ammonia, especially in the production houses
- Required to perform moderate physical exertion to include pushing pulling and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb to a height of 30′ as well as significant amount of bending, lifting, and stooping
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.75 – $17.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Onalaska, WA 98570: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job, please click here to apply