JOB SUMMARY: Ensure the creation of innovative and competitive product portfolio for each targeted market segment in the program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES:
· In coordination with the CROP BREEDING MANAGER ensure correct implementation of the program
o Define allocation of resources for each of the targeted market segments.
o Define the trial internal network.
o Support testing of materials coming from other breeding programs
o Incorporate new traits.
· Propose and Implement breedings strategy.
o Propose and perform crossing scheme for each market segment.
o Perform selection of new product in each ideotype.
o Record and manage data collection in the corporates data base.
o Identify and propose advance selections for the targeted market segments.
· Report to the CROP BREEEDING MANAGER the proposal of the advance selection promotion.
· Ensure the productions planning for internal and external trials.
o Define productions needs from B1 to B4.
o In coordination with VARIETY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR, define productions needs for D1 trials.
· Together with VARIETY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR, visit internal and external trials in the region.
· Assist operation in the productions launching.
o Submit clean materials (clones) to the micropropagation lab.
o Perform true to type trials.
o Report producibility potential of advanced selections to Operations Area.
· Proven ability to lead diverse groups as well as work as part of a cross-functional team.
· Adequate knowledge of R&D, business, and management principles (budgeting, planning, resource allocation).
· Strong analytical skills to support cost management and process improvement opportunities.
· Project management experience.
· Exceptional communicator.
· Superior organizational skills; time management, planning, scheduling, and meeting deadlines.
· Strong computer skills
· Bilingual English/Spanish
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Two (2) to Five (5) years of experience in breeding and R&D.
· BS Degree preferably in the following areas: Ag Science, Biology, Plant Science Agronomy, Ag Business/Economics
· Master or PhD in Plant Breeding preferred
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Develop a robust product pipeline and portfolio in each targeted market segment.
· Ensure continues genetic gain progress for key traits.
· Propose own career development plan.
This position requires constant movement and the ability to sit and stand for long periods, stand, lift, bend, stoop, reach, climb, and twist.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person