An agricultural economist is needed for research in Alaska with particular reference to understanding the economics of soil health and cover crop applications in the bigger picture of overall farm profitability.
Experience in research, publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journals and professional publications related to agricultural economics, obtaining
competitive research funding, and conducting research in the field of agricultural economics.
- Knowledge of soil health, cropping systems, and/or cover crops.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of agricultural economics in northern settings.
- Knowledge of the Land Grant system and the Land Grant mission.
- Experience working on Extension curriculum and/or educational materials is preferred.
- Experience managing budgets.
– Demonstrated procurement of extramural funding is preferred. – Experience working with graduate and/or undergraduate students in a research setting involving agricultural producers. – Candidates must also have a commitment to University of Alaska Fairbanks core values of excellence, diversity, global involvement, and accountability.
Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics
Valid drivers license or the ability to obtain one.
This is a full-time, 9-month, exempt faculty position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package.
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
The review process for applications will be begin on April 17, 2023. To ensure consideration, please apply by 11:59pm on April 16, 2023.
At this time, all university employees are strongly encouraged to vaccinate themselves against the COVID-19 virus. While the federal government is not actively enforcing its COVID-19 vaccine mandates, including its mandate requiring vaccination of federal contractor employees, UAF remains contractually obligated as a federal contractor to comply with those requirements should federal enforcement efforts recommence. As a result, UAF may adjust its vaccination requirements for covered UAF employees (currently Troth Yeddha’ campus and employees working in connection with certain federal contracts) at any time in the future, as needed, in order to comply with its contractual obligations.
- To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
This position is represented by United Academics (UNAC). http://www.unitedacademics.net/
This position is term-funded and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University’s discretion.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual:
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Kenna Metivier, Signers Business Office Assistant HR Manager, at [email protected] or 907-474-1847.
Classification:Research Assistant Professor (F9)
Grade:UNAC Grade 30
Work type:Faculty Full-time, On Campus
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Institute of Agr Nat Res & Ext
Advertised: 01 Feb 2023 Alaskan Standard Time