Dakota Mill and Grain, Inc.
Dakota Mill & Grain, Inc. is a family-owned South Dakota Agribusiness headquartered in Rapid City, South Dakota.
The Sales Agronomist is primarily responsible for developing long-term business relationships by promoting and selling DMG agronomy services and products to a designated group of customers or producers located within a specific region as determined by the DMG Agronomy Manager.
While this position is in the Wall, SD regional, the Sales Agronomist may also be required to occasionally consult and/or travel to other market areas.
- Depends on experience
- Paid bi-weekly via direct deposit
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Program with Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Plans
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance Products
- Simple IRA Program with Company Match
- College Savings Program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Promoting and selling agronomy-related products and services offered by Dakota Mill & Grain. These products include but are not limited to, chemical, fertilizer, seed, and other agronomy-related products that are offered from time to time
- Formulating, developing, and explaining agronomy programs for weed control, insect control, soil testing, soil analysis, soil fertility recommendations, and application programs. This activity will include occasional producer meetings as well as consultations with individual producers.
- Learning and promoting all DMG products.
- Staying informed on agronomy industry-related topics and using the information and knowledge obtained to evaluate, revise, and update the agronomy-related products, services and programs offered by DMG.
- Participating in field examinations, including soil testing, delivery of products, and crop scouting services.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and actively participating in the delivery and the post-delivery follow-up of agronomy services provided to a customer.
- Assisting in the resolution of customer-related questions and issues.
- Creating and maintaining prompt and accurate customer contacts/information records and daily sales activities pursued on behalf of DMG.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Pass pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and physical
- Farming and agronomy background preferred
- Agronomy degree or current enrollment in an agronomy education program
- Valid Class A driver’s license in good standing or the ability to obtain one after hire.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally
- Positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment as directed by supervisor and safety team
- Maintain acceptable personal hygiene
- Able to physically lift heavy materials (up to 50 pounds) occasionally throughout the work shift with or without assistance
- Frequent walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
- Standing/working on feet for extended periods and walking across uneven terrain, climbing up and down ladders and stairways
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions and elements, including but not limited to heat, cold, rain, mud, dust, etc.
- Frequent exposure to noise and dust
- Able to wear personal protective equipment and any other safety-related equipment
- Able to work a minimum of 8 hours a day and overtime as required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dakota Mill & Grain, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.