The Sales Agronomist Associate is an entry level position to agronomy sales and is a development role. This position is focused on the growth and development of skills necessary to be a successful agronomy sales professional. The primary role is the sales and services growth within the assigned sales territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates new sales contacts through sales calls with assistance from the Sales Manager, Location Manager, and Sales Agronomist.
- Develops personal sales and service skills, as well as product knowledge, by attending product, grain, and cooperative meetings as assigned by the Sales Manager.
Develop confidence in cold sales calling to build relationships with new customers and generate sales leads.
- Sells agronomy products and services, when appropriate, to increase sales with assigned customers to meet expectations set forth by management.
- Scouts fields and makes recommendations with the assistance of a Sales Agronomist.
- Responsible for agronomy operational duties assigned by Location Manager and/or Sales Manager
- Provides customer service by aiding customers, reporting and responding to all customer complaints, greeting customers promptly and in a friendly manner, and thanking customers for their business.
- Ability to grow assigned territory in sales consistently over the two to three years to meet company goals.
- Adheres to all safety regulations, requirements, policies and procedures, including OSHA regulations, the Vehicle Policy and Fleet Safety Program, and DOT regulations.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of and enforces the cooperative’s credit policy.
- Maintains company facilities, personal workspace, company equipment, and company vehicles; performing cleaning and maintenance to maintain a clean and safe environment for customers and co-workers.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Agronomy; or an Associate’s Degree (A.A.) in Agronomy from a two-year program preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; risk of electrical shock and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Health Insurance, Vision/Dental Insurance, Pension plan, 401k, Clothing Allowance, Paid time off, Holidays, Education Assistance and MORE!
Agtegra Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.