Shoffner Farm Research is a soybean and rice seed stock production farm. We are seeking a Seed Processing Manager to oversee all seed processing activities for our agricultural company.
As the Seed Processing Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our seed products and optimizing the efficiency of our seed processing operations.
- Develop and implement seed processing procedures, including seed cleaning, sorting, and grading processes.
- Supervise seed processing staff, including scheduling, training, and performance management.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and safety procedures related to seed processing.
- Oversee maintenance and calibration of seed processing equipment, including cleaning and treating machinery, conveyors, and separators.
- Monitor seed processing efficiency and quality metrics, such as germination rates, purity levels, and seed vigor, and take corrective actions to improve outcomes.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for all seed processing activities and ensure adherence to these procedures by all staff.
- Collaborate with other departments, including production, sales, and research and development, to ensure timely delivery of seed products that meet customer needs.
- Maintain accurate inventory records of seed products, including storage, tracking, and shipping documentation.
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in seed processing technology and best practices to continuously improve seed quality and processing methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural science, seed technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in seed processing, including at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of seed processing procedures, equipment, and regulations.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to manage a team of seed processing staff and work effectively with other departments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions based on data and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in using digital tools for inventory management, including Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to lift and move seed bags up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newport, AR 72112: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Seed processing: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person