We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Seeds Production Operations team is currently seeking a Seed Production Agronomist in Waterloo, NE.
You will help shape the future of agriculture by:
Managing and executing all phases of hybrid corn seed field production to ensure high quality and reliability of supply to meet our customer’s needs
Fostering an operational culture founded on HSE and process improvement
Engaging and provide technical agronomic expertise with our seed growers
· Contract required production acres with seed growers to maximize yield, and deliver seed meeting quality standards
· Develop and maintain a grower evaluation system to drive increased yields and quality.
· Manage pre-season planning duties including; recruiting new seed growers, field selection, hybrid placement, creating preliminary field maps, and SAP data entry.
· Perform post season yield analysis using Geographic Information System tools to evaluate growing area strategy
· Develop and implement programs regarding agronomic issues in production fields including, weed and insect programs, and timely field inspection programs.
· Perform field scouting and reporting to growers. Manage irrigation and spraying applications/scheduling with contractors and growers.
· Foster an operational culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE and other corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Work with Seeds Production Research or other specialists to manage projects to test new production concepts and continuous improvement technologies
· Attend offseason conferences to remain current with latest production technology and develop specialized skills (i.e. systems, data analysis, equipment maintenance, fertility, irrigation management, etc.) to support seed growers
· Supervise employees and third party personnel as required
What We Offer:
Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
Open Vacation Policy with a minimum of 15 days of vacation and up to 30 days with manager approval, 9 Paid Holidays
Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,000.00 – $78,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Hiring 2 candidates for this role