Cooper Farms is a family-owned farm and food company based in Northwest Ohio for 85 years. A commitment to teamwork and quality has made us one of the top turkey, hog and egg companies in the U.S. and awarded the company and its team an excellent reputation.
Our Oakwood Division located in Paulding County, Ohio, breeds hogs and turkeys while providing the best care to our animals in a small team setting. Cooper Farms is currently seeking a Sow Unit Manager to join our Deer Run facility in Grover Hill, Ohio.
- Makes strong, confident decisions on a daily basis
- Promotes communication between farm management and team members
- Demonstrates animal care in all areas of production and ensures that animal care is being applied by all employees
- Follows all bio-security measures and maintains proper herd health
- Monitor animals daily for feed, water, comfort, and health concerns
- Be familiar with and enforce all aspects of bio-security policy
- Administer medicines and vaccines as directed
- Ensure daily animal handling activities are done in accordance with SOP
- Takes responsibility for alarm calls and all calls related to such
- Closely monitors ventilation and environment of buildings
- Keeps facilities clean and well maintained
- Keeps accurate and timely records
- Holds team members accountable and accepts responsibility for their actions
- Promotes team member participation in all company programs
- A two or four year degree in an agricultural curriculum with an emphasis in production is preferred.
- Experience in personnel management preferred.
- Knowledge of animal care, biosecurity, facilities upkeep and maintenance, farrowing, breeding, gilt development, record keeping, supply management, and people management.
Cooper Farms consistently works to be more than a workplace to our team members. We provide…
- Monthly and year-end profit-sharing bonuses
- Generous paid vacation immediately after hire
- Eight (8) paid holidays, plus two (2) floating holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- FREE healthcare clinics
- 401(k) plan with company match
- $300 yearly wellness reimbursement
- Great deals on Cooper Farms deli and turkey products
…and so many more opportunities to earn and grow with the company. Apply today to learn what “More Than A Workplace” really means!
To apply for this job, please click here to apply