Perform all farm tractor work in coordination with farm team. Tasks required are cultivation, plastic mulch laying, water wheel, disk, seed, and fertilize. Perform routine tractor and implement maintenance tasks.
Pay Rate/Schedule: $20/hr to start, 40+ hours per week, oceanside housing available, uniform shirt and harvest knife provided
Company and Property Overview: A premier agro-tourism destination, Beach Plum Farm integrates the daily operations of agricultural, hospitality and retail sales into an immersive experience. Combining the rich accommodations of Cape Resorts with functioning agricultural operations that support the health and wellness of our world.
Our farming activities were at the forefront of Farm-to-Table dining supplying 5 local restaurants with fresh locally grown and seasonal ingredients including vegetables, herbs, flowers, poultry, eggs, and pork products. From this, public interest in our agricultural operations and the development of retail outlets led our company to begin providing accommodations for events and lodging as a premier destination in southern New Jersey.
- Urgency and Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; commitment to getting the job done; take responsibility for actions and achieve results; overcome obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Creativity and Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Curiosity and Initiative: Acts proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Precision and Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team’s decisions; contributes to the team’s efforts.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Must have strong record keeping experience.
- Must possess basic computational ability and computer skills.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Must be able tto work in all outdoor temperatures.
- The worker is subject to noise: there is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout to be heard above surrounding noise level. Also subject to vibration: exposure to oscillating movements of the exremities or whole body.
- The worker is subject to hazards which includes: a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, chemicals, and atmospheric conditions – one or more of the following conitions that affect the respiratory system or skin: fume, odors, dusts, mists, gasses, and oils or other fluids.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length and be able to reach other locaitons of the farm in a timely manner.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a regular and continuing basis and infrequently lift 50 pounds.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- 2 years on a farm growing experience.
- 1 year of supervisor level experience.
- High School or equivalent education required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license