Must have experience operating tractor or large farm machinery, valid driver license, and ability to repair equipment, follow detailed instructions without close supervision, and ability to lift 80 lbs.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate equipment to spray and otherwise apply chemicals to field.
- Drive tractor and use towed or self-propelled equipment to spray or otherwise apply chemicals.
- Perform field level routine maintenance; and service all types of vehicles, pickups, cars, etc.
- Service all types of Farm Equipment to include tractors, and or forklifts
- Sets up and attaches operational equipment.
- Adjusts equipment by setting speed, spacing, etc. Regulates flow through nozzles in sprayers.
- Drives, operates, adjusts, and handles all farming equipment to include toppers, hedgers, forklift, brush shredder (Specialty Equipment) according to safe operating procedures.
- Ability to work independently; and as a team member while meeting standards set by the Supervisor
- May perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Have experience operating tractor or large farm equipment safely.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mount and dismount equipment
- Lift and attach tractor implements weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Sit for long periods of time while twisting back to see the rear of the tractor.
- Operate equipment by releasing brake, shift gears, depress pedals, manipulate steering controls, read gages.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to all weather conditions
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.