OUR TEAM: The Land & Natural Resources team is a small group of motivated and energetic individuals who love working outdoors. We are always seeking to drive value by maintaining safe and aesthetically pleasing landscapes for our fellow Promega employees to enjoy. We work very closely together on maintenance of the campus grounds and ensure that we support each other in our day-to-day roles and in our development, as much as possible.
YOUR ROLE: As part of our garden team, you will love working in our gardens to maintain proper aesthetics, ensure proficient production, establish seasonal relationships with culinary staff, identify different species of weeds and plants, and possess a can-do attitude towards learning and handling day-to-day tasks.
Key qualities we are looking for in a Seasonal Urban Farm Assistant: flexibility, efficiency, attention to detail, enthusiasm to learn, great interpersonal relationship and communication skills, ability to shrug off what mother nature might throw at you.
This is a project position from April/May until September
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist the Agriculture Operations Specialist and Farmhand with day-to-day basic duties. As part of our garden team, you will love working in our gardens to maintain proper aesthetics, ensure proficient production, establish seasonal relationships with culinary staff, identify different species of weeds and plants, and possess a can-do attitude towards learning and handling day-to-day tasks.
1. Routine landscape/farm maintenance including mowing, trimming, weeding, harvesting, transplanting, and seeding.
2. Landscape vehicle and equipment maintenance, including cleaning and preventative maintenance service and checks.
3. Routine grounds inspection for trash; removal, including dumping exterior waste containers around buildings.
4. Maintaining a clean and tidy work area.
5. Assist Land & Natural Resource Manager and Interior Horticulturist as needed.
6. Other duties as assigned.
7. Demonstrates inclusion through their own words and actions and is accountable for a safe workspace. Acts with kindness, curiosity and respect for others.
8. Embracing and being open to incorporating Promegas 6 Emotional & Social Intelligence (ESI) core principles in daily work.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. High School diploma or proven work experience that ensures you are ready to be successful in this role.
2. Must possess a valid drivers license.
1. Previous experience with vegetable gardening or farming.
2. Previous experience working with power tools and lawn care equipment including string trimmers, lawn mowers, ATV, and tractors.
1. Ability to work for prolonged periods standing, walking, or sitting.
2. Ability to work in different weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
3. Ability to move up to 50 lbs.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.