Browse the latest urban farmer jobs posted by companies in the United States.
Click here to get new jobs sent to your inbox every Monday
Typical salary for urban farmers
As of Oct 8, 2022, the average annual pay for an Urban Farming in the United States is $54,594 a year.
Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $26.25 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,049/week or $4,549/month. According to ziprecruiter.com
Urban farmer job responsibilities
1.Develop and implement an annual plan for farm operations that addresses the production needs and deliverables.
2. Plan and implement day-to-day operation of the farm to meet benchmarks and goals of annual plan.
3. Perform all daily farm-related tasks including planting, weeding, harvesting, irrigating, and general maintenance.
4. Develop and implement crop plan, planting and harvesting schedule for each season (spring/summer/fall).
5. Track farm operations and data, including crop plans, harvest log, germination rate, planting schedule, growth tracking, compost production (if applicable), and soil nutrient management.
6. Utilize sustainable organic agricultural methods, to include weed and pest management, development of soil structure through composting, and other organic methods.
7. Purchase materials and supplies for the operation of the farm.
8. Build and maintain relationships with other stakeholders, local restaurants and buyers.