Lonely Lane Farm is a vertically integrated family farm that mergers forage production, livestock production, on-farm USDA inspected meat processing, and direct to consumer and wholesale distribution. Lonely Lane Farms is looking for a dedicated person to fill a full-time position working in all aspects of our farm.
The duties of this position are diverse and will include work with livestock (100+ head cattle herd & 100+ head goat herd), helping with seasonal farming operations, helping with distribution and time assisting in our meat processing facility.
Lonely Lane Farms
Position – Livestock and Farm hand
Hours – approx. 40 – 45 hours weekly.
Wage – DOE, $16.50 to $19.50/hr.
Shift Start & End Time – Flexible, varies with time of year and assigned tasks of the day.
Monday – Friday (weekends as necessary).
- Helping with daily feeding and care of cattle, goats, and livestock guardian dogs.
- Walking and repairing fence lines of grazed lands.
- Use of tractors and equipment to feed and care for livestock.
- Delivering products (twice weekly) with dedicated refrigerated delivery vehicle.
- Help with Lonely Lane Farms farmers’ market booth as needed Feb-Nov.
- Operate farm equipment and farm trucks during planting and harvest of forage.
- Help with general maintenance of facilities and equipment as needed.
- Work in our USDA inspected meat processing facility as need when hours are not available on the farm to maintain 40 hour minimum work week.
- Lift 10 lbs regularly
- Lift 50 lbs occasionally
- Lift 80 lbs occasionally
- Ability to stoop/bend, crouch, kneel, twist, reach, push/pull without restrictions.
- Basic math skills
- Experience and desire to work with livestock (goats or cattle)
- Experience with agriculture tractors and equipment.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
- Driver’s license
- Work well independently & with others.
- Prior farm work experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 – $19.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mount Angel, OR 97362: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Livestock: 1 year (Required)
- Agriculture: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
Work Location: One location